RELEASED 28th JAN 2019!! We are extremely proud and pleased to be able to offer our very first compilation punk album, The First Five Years. Scroll down for the full tracklisting. Released as a double vinyl album only, in a special wide spine thicker sleeve, with each album in a different colour – see the image below! Includes bandBandcampnload code for your digital needs, and a 16 page, A4 page size photo-booklet featuring images from our gigs and the bands who have played our shows. £17 + £2.95 p&p (UK).
Features 12 NEVER BEFORE RELEASED tracks (or new versions of tracks), by Wonk Unit, Pizzatramp, Simon Wells, The Raging Nathans, Beverley Kills, The Deadites, Matildas Scoundrels, Not Tonight and The Headaches, The No Marks, Ducking Punches, The Atoms, and Pardon Us.
NOW SELLING WORLDWIDE!
We are very proud of this our first album – yes, of course, we didn’t play any of the tracks, the magnificent bands did all that hard work – we just pulled the tracks together and begged and borrowed photos for the images (cheers to Mark Richards for the album cover images).
Hopefully, this is the biggest and best DIY Punk compilation ever put onto wax – it’s a treat for your ears!
We wanted to showcase the amazing bands who have played with us in our first five years promoting and putting on shows in this amazing DIY Punk scene. We’ve had over 110 bands play for us during that time, so we couldn’t, unfortunately, feature them all. We put out the call – and bands responded in amazing numbers. So th,is album features 33 different bands, most but not all still gigging, with 82 minutes of pristine punk rock covering a large range of the sub-genres of our vibrant scene. So that also means this is a DOUBLE ALBUM, two slices of coloured vinyl. It will come in a single heavyweight sleeve (not a gatefold), designed for two albums. We will add a 16-page photo and info booklet celebrating the bands and our gigs. If you’ve been to one of our parties you may see yourself in the booklet! The release is limited to 300 copies. Each copy will include a printed download code, so yes you will get a high-quality digital download you can use with any player/phone/iTunes, or stream via our bandcamp page. At this point in time we are NOT releasing this in any other form than the collectors vinyl – so NO CD. It’s something we may do at a later date, but for now, we wanted something really special.
* indicates never before released or a new version of an existing track
- Circling the drain – Faintest Idea
- Spy vs spy* – Not Tonight and the Headaches
- Though bloodshot and blurry – Grand Collapse
- Draw the line – Menshevik
- Grey – Vanilla Pod
- Oh, Ethyl – Laserchrist
- Welcome to the party pal – The Siknotes
- Anna* – Wonk Unit
- Pride before a fall – Human Project
- Something to talk about* – The Atoms
- There is no hope – Wolfbeast Destroyer
- What ya goonna do – Nosebleed
- Six years* – Ducking Punches
- Hierarchicide – Bolshy
- Hiraeth – Darko
- See you ringside – Spoilers
- We are the Scary Clowns* – Pizzatramp
- Apologies – Airstream Futures
- Pushing poison – Deadbeat at Dawn
- Final song – Crocodile God
- On the way out* – The Deadites
- Currupted system – Incisions
- Whiskey and blood – A Great Notion
- Survivor – Petrol Girls
- Lost Weekend* – Pardon Us
- Guuurl – Baby Seals
- Standing Still – The Capitalist Kids
- Heathen* – Matildas Scoundrels
- Porcelain* – The No Marks
- Emily* – The Raging Nathans
- Oriental I – Dead Neck
- Wreck me not* – Beverley Kills
- Martin* – Simon Wells
All songs remain copyright of the original artists, songs used with permission.
Aston at Key Production / Boss Tuneage records for the help getting this DIY punk album made. Matt Cade for producing the vinyl masters from the submitted sound files. All the bands and individuals who have tracks on the album, and those who submitted a track or just missed out on the deadline. Keiran for giving us a boot up the arse to get this made. Our mates for telling us it was a good idea. Our poor wives and families for all the time it’s taken away from you!